- The following are the terms and conditions for use of the ReadNotify service ("Service"). Please read them carefully. This Service is provided to individuals who are at least 18 years old or those who have parental permission to open and maintain an account.
- BY CHECKING THE ACCPETANCE BOX AND CLICKING THE "SIGN UP!" BUTTON UPON COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR AN ACCOUNT AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE ("TOS").
- The Service is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein.
- MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY
To register for the service, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, accurate information as prompted by the Registration Form, including email address(es). Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify ReadNotify immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- NONEXCLUSIVE LICENSE
ReadNotify hereby grants you a non-exclusive license to use this Service. You may not: (1) modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Service, or permit other individuals to do so; (2) rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Service; (3) Operate or develop a competitive service to the ReadNotify Service without paying suitable compensation to ReadNotify.
- FEES AND SERVICES
We may change our fees for our Services from time to time. Our changes are effective after we provide you with at least fourteen (14) days notice of the changes by posting the changes on our web site or by emailing you the changes. You may, at any time, cancel your subscription to the Service. No fees will be refunded. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with using our service and our web site.
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY.
The following policy governs the use of the ReadNotify Service by You. You will comply with the terms and spirit of the Agreement.
- You shall not use the ReadNotify Service for spamming. Spamming includes, but is not limited to
- the bulk sending of unsolicited messages, or the sending of unsolicited emails which provoke complaints from recipients,
- the sending of junk mail,
- the use of distribution lists that include people who have not given specific permission to be included in such distribution process,
- email harassment of anyone, including but not limited to, transmitting any threatening, libelous or obscene material, or material of any nature which could be deemed to be offensive, and
- the emailing of age-inappropriate communications or content to anyone under the age of 18.
- You shall not use the ReadNotify Service in a manner which violates any city, state, national or international law or regulation, or which fails to comply with accepted Internet protocol. You shall not attempt to interfere in any way with ReadNotify networks or network security, or attempt to use the ReadNotify Service to gain unauthorized access to any computer system.
- You agree to provide ReadNotify with the information it collects in the course of providing the Service.
- You shall at all times provide ReadNotify with accurate information. You shall immediately notify ReadNotify of any security breach in or unauthorized use of Your account. You shall not interfere in any way with another Member's use of, or ReadNotify's provision of the ReadNotify Service. You shall not resell, rent, lease, or grant a security interest in the ReadNotify Service without the express written consent of ReadNotify.
- To protect the interests of our customers, ReadNotify reserves the right to restrict the volume of email accepted through its services by any individual.
You agree to defend, at your expense, any action brought against ReadNotify arising out of your use of the Service with any third parties or from your willful misconduct. You will indemnify ReadNotify from any costs, damages and fees incurred by ReadNotify, which are attributable to such a claim. You will re-imburse ReadNotify the full cost of any and all losses your use or misuse of the Service may incur, and you authorize ReadNotify to recover such losses without prior notice by any means.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The information and services included in or available through the Service may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ReadNotify and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Service at any time. ReadNotify does not represent or warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Service or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. ReadNotify does not warrant or represent that the use or the results of the use of the Service or the materials made available as part of the Service will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. Further, ReadNotify reserves the right to make changes to any and all parts of ReadNotify products at any time, without obligation to notify any person or entity of such changes.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, CLAIMS OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY ReadNotify, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, NON INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NOR ARE THERE ANY WARRANTIES CREATED BY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR TRADE USAGE. ReadNotify DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR BE FREE FROM ERRORS, OR THAT THE OPERATIONS OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT AND FORMED THE BASIS FOR DETERMINING THE PRICE CHARGED FOR THE PRODUCTS. SHOULD ANY PART OF THIS DISCLAIMER NOT BE ALLOWED UNDER CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, THOSE PARTS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WHERE LAWFUL, ReadNotify RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOMINATE THE JURISDICTION OF ITS CHOICE UNDER WHICH THIS CONTRACT WILL BE ENFORCED.
- EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
ReadNotify's cumulative liability to you or any other party for any loss or damages resulting from any claims, demands, or actions arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall not exceed the licence fee paid to ReadNotify for use of the Service. In no event shall ReadNotify be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages or lost profits, even if ReadNotify has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL AND OTHER DAMAGES
ReadNotify WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO USER OR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMANT FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON A CLAIM OR ACTION OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ReadNotify HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE EXCLUSION CONTAINED IN THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FAILURE OF THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY PROVIDED IN THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPH. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS IN THIS AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENTS
Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Service shall remain with ReadNotify. The Service and the intellectual property operating it are protected by international copyright laws and treaties. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the content, and code accessed through the Service is the property of ReadNotify and may be protected by applicable copyright or other law. This License gives you no rights to such content or code. All contents of the Service are: Copyright © 2000 ReadNotify and/or its suppliers c/o ReadNotify, Suite 300, Parkers House, 48 Regent St, Cambridge CB2 1FD UK. All rights reserved. ReadNotify, ReadNotify and/or other ReadNotify products and services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of ReadNotify.
- MODIFICATIONS TO TERMS OF SERVICE AND OTHER POLICIES
ReadNotify reserves the right to change its terms of service policy at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the policy on this Web site. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the policy. Continued use of the service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
This Agreement represents the complete agreement concerning this licence between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements and representations between them. It may be amended only in writing executed by both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
- FOR CUSTOM AGREEMENTS
From time to time ReadNotify produce amended agreements for members who would not othwise be entitled or willing to use our Service as-is. Please use our Feedback page under the Contacts link on our site if you fall into this category.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any questions or comments about this agreement, our services, or your experience with ReadNotify, you can use the Feedback page under the Contacts link on our site.
Terms and Conditions
New Graphic Site